Lazada has big news!
Sellers on Lazada have been informed of changes taking place. Starting 1 August 2018, the e-commerce platform will be taking 0% commissions from their sellers. They are hoping that sellers in turn will transfer this savings by lowering prices to the consumers.
How does this benefit sellers?
- Lower the cost of doing business on the platform
- List your low margin assortment profitably
- Easier finance reconciliation process
- Lower price = Higher conversion rate = More Sales
- Greater flexibility with promotion mechanics – e.g. use savings from commission to fund vouchers or drive traffic to the seller’s webstore
Other changes starting in August:
- Removing “Change of Mind” return reason*
- Change in customer return period
- Faster weekly payouts for all sellers
With all these changes, Lazada puts themselves in a very good position, fighting head to head with Carousell and Shopee. Will Qoo10 follow suit? Let’s just wait and see.